In honor of Dan’s upcoming birthday, we are excited to bring back the Kindness Challenge. Last year, we asked our friends and family to perform acts of kindness in Dan’s honor as a birthday gift – this year, we are upping the stakes a bit because we know how much Dan was looking forward to his 21st birthday!!
So, for the 21 days leading up to Dan’s 21st birthday we challenge you to practice kindness. Buy a coffee for the person behind you at Dunks, help a neighbor shovel their driveway, buy a few extra non-perishable goods at the supermarket and donate them to your local food pantry. (Shameless plug… the Martin Elementary School is holding a Food Drive February 22nd-26th) Then let us know what you did and we will enter you in a random drawing to win a donation of $2,100 to your favorite public school or youth organization. It could be an elementary, middle, or high school; a youth sports organization; a music program; an arts program; etc. The only restriction is that the organization must in some way provide opportunities for young people to cultivate curiosity, support healthy competition, and develop meaningful connections.
How To Participate:
- Spread some kindness between February 16th and March 8th.
- Document your act with a quick photo/video.
- Visit the Submission Site and enter to be in the running for the Grand Prize (donation to your youth organization of choice)
- Participants are limited to one submission for each day of the challenge. You can submit different acts of kindness up to 21 times.
- By submission, participants consent to have their submission broadcast on the Foundation website and social platforms.
- Drawing for the Grand Prize to take place on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Daniel James Hollis Foundation, Inc. and in continuing Dan’s legacy of kindness to all.